Prince William County Board of Supervisors Chairman Corey Stewart is pushing for Virginia to adopt an Arizona style law on immigration that would do the following:
– Direct Virginia law enforcement officials to ascertain, in any lawful contact, the legal presence of an individual, when practicable.
– Direct Virginia jails to release illegal aliens to Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) after serving their sentence.
– Allow law enforcement officials to arrest illegals without warrant if they have reasonable suspicion that the arrest would make them removable from the United States.
– Make it a violation of Virginia law to fail to complete alien registration documents.
– Prohibit cities and counties from preventing law enforcement officials from inquiring about legal presence or preventing them from sharing information with ICE.
– Allow law enforcement officials to break up day laboring operations.
– Prohibit solicitation along all public roads, directed at day labor sites.
What do you think?